Independent Living Assistance
- Assist the consumer in finding possible housing leads.
- Assist the consumer in completing paperwork or applications if needed due to the consumer’s disability.
- Advocate on behalf of the consumer in an effort to resolve landlord/tenant issues. Assist the consumer in understanding their rights/responsibilities as a tenant.
- Assist a consumer in finding possible housing options when being discharged from a hospital.
- Assist consumers in finding possible housing options and supports when an individual wishes to move from a nursing home back to the community.
- Work with a consumer to help prevent the possibility of a nursing home placement.
- Assist a consumer in finding possible funding for durable medical or other equipment which would help them to remain independent in their chosen housing environment.
- Assisting the consumer in finding vendors who can do home modifications.
- Answer questions about the ADA, Fair Housing, Service Animals, Therapy Animals and Companion Animals.
- Referrals are made to various agencies.
We are not an emergency services organization. We do not have housing of our own nor do we have funds for rent, security deposits or other emergency situations. We are not a legal agency and cannot give legal advice.
ASSISTANCE WITH APPLYING FOR ANY FEDERAL OR STATE BENEFIT PROGRAM SUCH AS:
- Social Security (SSI)
- Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
- Medicare and Medicaid, Low Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Food stamps, Section 8 housing vouchers, Aid to the Needy Disabled (AND)
Apply for Assistance
Contact A Disability Case Manager at 970-241-0315