Low Vision Older Blind Services
We have a low-vision lab to demonstrate assistive devices and specialized software.
We train our consumers to use adaptive technology and help people with in-home safety/security needs.
Please call for appointment 970-241-0315. Not all services are available in all counties.
Low Vision Services
- Volunteer Readers*
- Daily Living & Independent Skills training
- Sighted Guide
- Vocational Skills training - computers, keyboarding, resume writing, and job preparation
- Peer Counseling, Support Groups*, Recreation*
- Advocacy for the Vision Impaired and Blind
- Information on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- In-Service Training & Presentations (provided to other service providers)
- Exemption Directory Assistance charger
- TAP - Telephone Assistance Program
Services at the Assistive Technology Center/ Low Vision Lab
- Low vision demonstration of magnifiers, writing aids, sun shields, kitchen aids etc
- Adaptive equipment demonstrations for talking books, descriptive movies, Bible on cassette, large print books, talking watches, clocks, and calculators
Call for Support Group meeting times and locations, 970-241-0315.