Training is geared toward consumer goals. Some training, for example, includes:
I. Basic Computer Skills
- Turning computer on/off
- Identifying basic hardware computer parts
- The complete system and internal parts and functions
- Identifying basic usage terminology
- Mouse and keyboard skills
- Understanding difference between hardware and software
II. Understanding the Computer System
- Hardware operations – how each part works
- Operating systems
- System specifications
- Useful information when purchasing computer for comparative shopping
III. Understanding Types of Internet Service and Availability
- Such as dial-up, DSL, wireless, cable, and satellite
IV. Learn How To Configure Internet Service
V. Learning About Browsers
- What is a home page
- Learn differences between address bar and search engine
- Learn what links are
- Learn about internet tool bar
- Learn how to email
- Learn how to surf the internet
VI. Learn Other Useful Internet Functions
- Driving directions and job search
- Learn basic word processing skills for emailing or for simple tasks such as creating a flyer
What We Offer
The programs we use and teach are: Microsoft Office 2007, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and Power Point.
We also have JAWS Version 8.0 magnification and screen reading programs.
Other screen reading and magnification programs can be taught at a consumer’s home if certain conditions are met.
Please contact us to sign up for our Assistive Technology lessons today. Call (970)241-0315 in Grand Junction or (970)249-3783 in Montrose.